Astra 1.4 T ST Innovation Automatik - Kaufberatung

• Hi everyone,

I apologise for writing in English by I am onlynow learning German so it's going to take a while. If you want to answer, please feel free to do it in German and I'll Google translate like I did so far.

I am 99% decided to buy a second hand Astra K Sports Tourer, 1.4 Turbo Petrol Engine, Automatic with 150 PS. The car in question, which I already tested has less than 3000 km on board and the options are really what I was looking for. It's first registered in February 2017

Later EDIT: Actually, here's the link to the car: https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=259416518

It has, among others: Blind Spot Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition, Park Assist and Self Stearing Parking, Rain Sensor, Light Sensor, Emergency Brake Assist, Hill Start Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Warning, Keyless Entry and Start, Navigation, LED daytime running lights (IntelliLux) and many others except the fancy leather seats.

Other than some supperficial scrasches on the interior black plastic, the car looks like new. It comes from an authorised Opel dealer with the 1 year Opel Warranty. I would pay around 24000 Euro for this. According to the dealer it would cost about 37-38k as new. It has a low amount of km, according to the dealer, beacuse is the ex-car of an Opel employee and some of them get 1 car per year and then it's being put up for sale. apparently some of them don't drive them much.

This being said, my question is simple. Is this a decent deal? Other than that, I could also puy extra waranty from the dealer, that would cover the expensive and not easily wearble parts like the engine and other magical things bellow the hood. This extra waranty would cost me about 300 euro per year or 1000 for 4 years. Is it worth it?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

• Hi!
    The car looks very nice and with the "Innovation" line this car is well equipped! :thumbup:
    My car is a "Innovation" too, and i am very happy with all the features inside.

The driven km are quite low. This is typical for Employee cars which are to be sold after one year.

The Dealer told you that this car would cost 37 - 38k Euro? This is the normal price according to the official pricelist. Maybe. But normally you would get a big discount when ordering at a dealer.

Because of that, i would never pay this price for a new car. And the 24k for this offered car seem too high for me. Last August, I bought an used car, same age and nearly the same driven km (6700 roundabout) for 19k. The only difference is, that my car is a reimported car from Spain and has the normal Halogen Headlights (H7) instaed of the LED Matrix Headlights. But i don't care about this fact of a reimported car, because of the normal warranty which is valid for whole european countries.

• I think the price is too high, too. When i substract the discounts for my new ordered Astra K ST with the 1.6 liter machine i payed about 24.000, so the price for your posted car is way too high.

When you search in mobile you have to find the car with same specifications for other prices, right?

I searched a little bit and found offerings for under 20.000 with only 50km, maybe there is not enough equitpment, but i am sure that you find a car with a better price.

Aktuell:Opel Astra K ST 1.6T 200PS in Onyxschwarz, Nabelschnur des FOH am 20.12.2017 durchtrennt :thumbup:
    OPC Line - Intellilink 900 - Beheiztes Lenkrad - Keyless - Sensorgesteuerte Heckklappe - IntelliLux LED Matrix
    19 Zoll MAK Highlands, Komplettfolierung in Satin Pearl Nero, 30mm Eibach Pro Kit

Mein K ST 1.6T

• Because of that, i would never pay this price for a new car. And the 24k for this offered car seem too high for me. Last August, I bought an used car, same age and nearly the same driven km (6700 roundabout) for 19k. The only difference is, that my car is a reimported car from Spain and has the normal Halogen Headlights (H7) instaed of the LED Matrix Headlights. But i don't care about this fact of a reimported car, because of the normal warranty which is valid for whole european countries.

Thanks a lot for your input. I don't know how honest the dealer was but he showed me their private website where they, as Opel dealers, order their second hand cars and the cheaper cars had all more than 25000 km and they were used as rental cars in other European countries.

As he showed me, all of the ones that were equipped like the one I saw and with few km, no rentals, were more expensive that this one.

He also mentioned that, because people started moving away from Diesel cars, Opel is forced to decrease the prices for Diesel and compensate by increasing prices for Petrol.

Finally, the car comes from an authorised Opel delaer with as Opel zertifiziertem Gebrauchtwagen sonit means the check everything before giving it to me, I can return it in 8 days or 500km, they offer HU for at least 18 months, an inspection after 6 months.

This being said, can it be that maybe these are the prices these days for the above? I might ens up getting the car anyway. I already have the money (almost all :) ) and I do need another car urgently.

What do you think about the extra warranty for 300 euro pe year?

Thank you.

• When you search in mobile you have to find the car with same specifications for other prices, right?

I searched a little bit and found offerings for under 20.000 with only 50km, maybe there is not enough equitpment, but i am sure that you find a car with a better price.

Actually, when filtering for Petrol, Manual transmission, all the options this car has and the Opel zertifiziertem Gebrauchtwagen seal of waranty, I did not find anything better in the Frankfurt area.

Maybe some other offers can be found in other areas of Germany, which makes everything a bit more difficult.

I did try to search for offers without the Opel zertifiziertem Gebrauchtwagen seal, saw one at one point, called the dealer and made an appointment. He confirmed all that was mentioned in the ad. However, soon after, when analysing the pictures I noticed that the car was missing the seat heating buttons, although the ad was saying they are available and the dealer confirmed over the phone.

I obviously called back and he claimed that this is what auto.de does when listing all Opel Astra cars, which I call bs. I said I'm not interested anymore and he said OK and hang up immediately.

I was a bit discouraged by this and decided to only look for cars with the Opel zertifiziertem Gebrauchtwagen seal of warranty.

Last bun not least, I unfortunately need a car now.

Thanks a lot for your input. Anything else is highly appreciated.

• What do you think about this one?:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrz…1f-6ed3-2163-de5adaa26603

it has automatic, and nearly the same equipment as your first posted car. And the car is 6 months younger.

Your first posted car was automatic so i searched for that. And its maximal 200km away from your searched adress.

Aktuell:Opel Astra K ST 1.6T 200PS in Onyxschwarz, Nabelschnur des FOH am 20.12.2017 durchtrennt :thumbup:
    OPC Line - Intellilink 900 - Beheiztes Lenkrad - Keyless - Sensorgesteuerte Heckklappe - IntelliLux LED Matrix
    19 Zoll MAK Highlands, Komplettfolierung in Satin Pearl Nero, 30mm Eibach Pro Kit

Mein K ST 1.6T

• What do you think about this one?:

Thank you. I called but unfortunatelly it does not have some options that I really want, like Blind Spot Assist, Emergency Brake Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Warning. Not so important, but still missing is the keyless entry. Also, the person over the phone did not show any patience or understanding in regards to my efforts to express myself in German. He finally said that if I don't see it on the website, it's not there.

In my particular situation, being able to communicate with the dealer is unfortunately another important aspect. I need to know what I'm buying and know that I can come back with any querries after I by the car.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look for this. If I do buy the car at an overprice, I hope you are at least happy with your choice and that I'm making a good decition car-wise and equipment-wise. Finally, what's your oppinion on the extra warranty for the engine and for the other big expensive parts? It's like 300 for 1 year or 100 for 4 years.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Actually, I checked your Instagram. You seem realy happy with your car :D

• If you are still interested in the car you mentioned in your first post, call the dealer, visit him, put one (or more :D ) eye on the car, ask for a trial even with this car. Not a similiar one...this car to avoid any problems concerning equiment, motor etc.

Then, if you still feel good with that car, i would place a bid of 20k for example and see what happens. If the dealer is interested in selling the car asap, he will lower his margin for sure.

I know that you have the money and you are willing to spend it, but why paying more than possible?

The money you save can be used for winter wheels, a holiday or whatever...

BTW...is an automatic gearbox very important or could it be a manual 6 gear box as well?

This dealer has some Astra K ST Innovation for prices around 20k with low km as well:

https://www.opel-maerz-gross-g…earch%5BLEISTUNG_BIS%5D=0

• ...ask for a trial even with this car. Not a similiar one...this car to avoid any problems concerning equiment, motor etc.

I already tried that with a previous car from the same dealer and another dealer in the vicinity that had the same exact car listed (they sometimes list the same car and move it to the one that gets to sell it first.

They won't negociate much. Even now I'm waiting for his phone call since I said I can only offer 22k. He said it is certainly not possible but he will ask. I bellive he will not go lower than 24k.

Believe me, I have really tried to look for many other options, but Astra models with this equipment are usually not only more expensive but also hard to find.

Regarding potential issues, can a car with less than 3000 km have issues or big issues? The Opel zertifiziertem Gebrauchtwagen offer also mentions that they make sure the car is in good condition before they give it to me and, if not, I do have the 1 year warranty and the right of return. It sucks, of course, to buy a car and tale it to the mechanic right away but the chances of this happening are low, I assume. Or are they?