Astra 1.6T Engine Idle Problems

• Hi Guys,
    Sorry for typing in English. I'm from South Africa and have a problem with my car.

when My car is Warm my car Idles rough and it feels like the car is swallowing and vibrating. Does anyone else have this ?

you can reply in German, I will understand :)

• Hey buddy,

really interesting we are an international community now;) Greetings from germany.
    I own an 1.6T with manual transmission. Can you further describe your problem? When does it vibrate? Constantly or from time to time?

I also experience this from time to time it feels like on engine cycle does ignite too less gas and then there is a short vibration and the rev counter does show a minimal decrease.
    But from what i learn while reading here in this forum it is "normal" because the engine injects really little gas in idle to save some fuel.

Best regards,
    d0m1

Astra K (5-Türer) 1.6 SIDI Innovation (900IL, Winterpaket, Parkassi.) EZ 11/2016

• thanks for your reply :)

This mainly happens when the car has reached operating temperature. I feel a shudder under my seat every 2 or 3 seconds. The rev limiter does move but not too much, slight up and down. Other times it feels as if the car is vibrating when it Idles. When I stand by the exhaust it sounds like a misfire and when looking at the engine I can see the slight vibrations/ shudder. I have seen that other people on the forum has also experienced this but i just want to make sure it is normal. I do agree with you that when the Car idles it runs lean to reduce emissions etc.

• Na car only shutters the first few seconds after i started it I guess u should someone let check it.doesn't sound like it is ok

Ab 2.11.17 Astra k st Ultimate 1.6 t mit allem ,ausser panoramadach und anhängekupplung , in tiefseeblau.

Kommata dank potter endich vorhanden!

• I recently changed my oil to Dexos 1 gen 2. The noise at the exhaust isn't really a misfire, it's more of "hollowing" sound, It might be the car running lean to save fuel. We don't have 98 Ron in South Africa, Only 95 Ron. I've always used 95. The Manual does say that 95 is possible but that 98 is preferred.