Elektrische Heckklappe defekt

• Habe es genau wie beschrieben durchgeführt (glecher Fehler Blauf fast durch gelb gebrochen) ales wieder OK, Danke für deinen Beitrag!

• Hello,

Sorry for the english, but my german only helps when ordering beer.

I have had similar issues with my tailgate as reported here, but my cables look healthy on the surface, just some small discoloring. Before I start slicing all the cables open, I was wondering if you have any experience is measuring the cables with multimeter? Or testing the damper on a bench somehow?

My issues started when an idiot crashed my tail on red light stand-still. Tailgate was replaced and then it didn't open 1/5 times or so. Sent back to the garage to investigate, they reported faulty damper, cost 1400€ and not covered by the insurance. After they "checked" it. it only opened once every three times. Closing was also 50-50. The damper sounds tired and old. Damper was not replaced in the accident, as there were no visible damage.

• Sorry for the english, but my german only helps when ordering beer.

:m0007: thats enough German to know :D

Welcome to the German Opel Forum!

Im certain, somebody who is more skilled than me, will answer quickly.

But..did you check the cables from the Dampers? on this Page your see the damaged cables, maybe you have the same Problem then. they are not broken in any Way? mabye it could help, to disconnect the car battery for a while, i dunno

Is your car out of guarantee?

• Yes, I took the damper out and checked the cables. None were visibly damaged/broken, just some discoloring (can it be broken only on the inside?). I actually followed the excellent guidance from Firebird1234, so this forums has already been extremely helpful (Thanks!).

So I was wondering if there was a way to measure the cables somehow, and what do the different cables actually do, so I could focus my limited skills to correct cable?

It's out of warranty, purchased in 2018. Paying 1400€ for this part seems excessive, and finding just the part seems difficult also. I guess I'll contact Opel and ask for a quote.

• I would contact the insurance and explain that there was hidden damage at the damper. Maybe due to compression or torsion during the hit. They should cover it in my opinion.

Astra K ST, 1.6 BiTurbo, Innovation, EZ06/17, Onyxschwarz

• I would contact the insurance and explain that there was hidden damage at the damper. Maybe due to compression or torsion during the hit. They should cover it in my opinion.

I agree, but unfortunately insurance company didn't. I will try again with your (better) words, as my reasoning only was "It worked before the accident".

There's also the fact that it took 5 months to repair the damage, as the tailgates were very hard to find and then it was summer vacation. So I had to use it even when the hatch didn't close properly. This may have damaged the damper further.

Thanks for the help and caring all!

• Hallo,

Die Ausführung der Kabel für die Anspeisung vom Heckklappenantrieb ist eine Fehlkonstruktion. Die Kabel werden derart geknickt, dass die Drähte sicher brechen.

Kann mir bitte jemand sagen, ob der Antrieb der Heckklappe zerlegbar ist, um die Drähte ausgetauscht werden können?

FG Gerald

• Hallo,
    danke für die hervorragende Beschreibung. Auch bei mir war es ein Kabelbruch. Nachdem ich das gebrochene Kabel mit einer Quetschverbindung wieder repariert und das zweite, bei dem die Isolation schon gebrochen war, die Leitung aber noch okay, mit Isolationsband gesichert habe läuft die Klappe wieder wie am ersten Tag.

Wenige Cent Verbrauchsmaterial und eine Stunde Arbeit gegen 750 € Materialkosten plus Werkstattlohn... Das nenne ich eine gute Lösung. Nur wirklich schade, dass man das Kabel nur flicken und nicht ersetzen kann. Die Gasdruckfeder lässt sich meines Erachtens nicht zerstörungsfrei öffnen. Ich habe beim Zusammenbau dann darauf geachtet, dass die Kabel in der Tülle Spiel haben und hoffe, dass so das Problem nicht wieder auftaucht. Da ich die Reparatur schon vor ein paar Monaten durchgeführt habe bin ich guter Dinge...

Nochmals vielen Dank an Firebird1234!