Matrix led lens

• Hi.

I am writing this in english because i am not german.

I have 2017 Astra K Innovation with matrix leds. On friday my car was hit by hail storm unfortunatelly.

I dont remember problems with lights before.

On Monday morning i noticed strange light pattern on passenger side. It was not fully illuminated. Like light was shining through fence.

When i arrived at work i looked at headlight.

I noticed "streaks", dirty lens. Like it was from water. I am sure this is my problem.

Now question. Can you open healight to clean lens or is it sealed?

I dont see any cracks on glass but i guess water came inside headlight somehow.

I there any way to clean headlight lens or is only solution replacing with new one.

20220822_183435.jpg

Thanks

• Hello tomzzi,

the Matrix headlights are closed. They can't be cleaned.

If the error occurs since the hailstorm, then contact your insurance. In the best case your partial cover insurance will take care of it.

With the confirmation you can have the headlight replaced in a workshop.

Astra K Dynamic | 1.6 Turbo 200 PS Start/Stop | Quarzgrau Perleffekt | Navi 900 IntelliLink | IntelliLux LED Matrix Licht | Baujahr 02/2018

• You can open it by putting it with low Temp in the oven (50°C), the sealant/glu will get smooth.

The other opportunity is to remove the LED Flash-/Daylight Module after dismount the Headlight. That is only hole you can use without removing the glas. You could try to get the water out and dry it with warm (not hot) air.

But removal (of the Headlight) isn't easy, because the bumper has to be removed and the lower part of the headlight is fixed behind two bolts, that can't be removed without drilling.

So if you have an insurance that pay for it, go to your local Vauxhall dealer to replace.

• ok thanks

So there maybe is the way. Only problem with insurance is that healight "glass" is not cracked and they will find 1001 excuse that its headlight fault and not from hailstorm.

Headlight was allready replaced once when car was under warranty because of motor controlling main lens.

I will see what i can do.

This is how its now. Apparently water came inside headlight somehow.

s20220823_183851.jpg

Thanks